- 7 months, 4 weeks ago Dave PageParticipant
Everyone is attacking this officer, saying he shot a dog just being playful, but given the dogs directness and speed towards his leg, also what appears to be a crouch, I think I would have reacted the same. So much going on in the scene, looks like the one dog knocked it off on the first attempt.
What are some professional evaluations? It starts at the 1:53 mark.
- 7 months, 4 weeks ago Sharon Blakeney-McDonaldParticipant
I’m not a professional but I agree with you and yes the grey dog was trying to protect…. its what I’ve learned is called splitting.
- 7 months, 4 weeks ago Michael D’AbruzzoKeymaster
This one is hard one because it is hard to get accurate look with the other dog trying to split. The face of the dog looks like it has squinted eyes and posture looks somewhat submissive and the tail seems low and wide, not the quicker and tighter tail you would see with an attack.
I have to pause and play it over and over to notice this so I can definitely understand how this would look threatening to the officer if he wasn’t expecting such a quick and direct greeting.
The rottie also seems to split when he/she hears the yelling. I think this is mostly an unfortunate incident with a reasonable reaction.We welcome these dogs as they are. With respect, compassion, and devotion We will lead…
1 user thanked author for this post.
- 7 months, 3 weeks ago Dave PageParticipant
<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thank you.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>I watched it several times as well pausing as often as possible.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>You’re right on the tail. That’s what was throwing me off.</p>
- 7 months, 3 weeks ago Mack CookParticipant
1. whatever you do don’t run.
2.officer unfamiliar with dog and unfamiliar with this type of situation thought himself in danger. could have waited? dogs posed a threat? Don’t know the complaint. or history.
3. video is sad event that is probably replayed daily across the U.S.
4. i probably would have pivoted and stood firm like the dummy i am, and i think the dog wanted to jump up and say hi as most untrained dogs do. and then kneed him for being a dunderhead. and other dog probably would have launched into him harder.
5. I really think some basic k9 behavior training might have helped pd folks.
All dogs are different, yet... all dogs are the same.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.